At GLAS Civil Engineering we strive to provide the best quality for our clients. We minimise our environmental footprint and ensure that the health and safety and welfare of our employees and the general public is a priority. We operate with a Lean Culture and have achieved compliance to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018. We pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking company, investigating and implementing change to improve our systems at every opportunity.
Quality Management System: ISO 9001:2015 and Lean Culture
At GLAS we have a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget. We have implemented documented procedures which encompass all aspects of the project, from tender stage to project handover. We operate ISO 9001 with a Lean Culture to ensure we provide the best service to our clients.
- Assessment of suppliers – GLAS assess and review suppliers of works and goods to ensure that quality levels remain high for all aspects of construction.
- Voice of the Customer – GLAS believe that the voice of the customer is essential in meeting our client’s expectations. We listen to, and action feedback from clients in a pro-active manner.
- Streamlines processes – GLAS use a combined approach between Management, Engineers and Site Operators to continually review and improve our processes, minimising waste at every opportunity.
- Training – GLAS aim to upskill our workforce on a regular basis. Our workforce boasts several Engineers who have obtained Chartership Status with Engineers Ireland. GLAS meet and exceed the training requirements for CIRI on an annual basis.
- Lean Culture and Techniques – GLAS operate a culture of Lean and utilise Lean techniques such as 5S and visual management to optimise efficiency and reduce the risk of errors.
We at GLAS look to minimise our impact on the environment at every opportunity. We take a dual approach to achieve this objective, firstly looking at company operations and secondly at individual projects.
- GLAS are constantly looking at reducing our environmental footprint. We review our work practices regularly, set objectives and implement improvements.
- All projects are assessed based on the surrounding environment. We have experience of working in sensitive areas such as next to waterways and on protected structures. To highlight any environmental risks, GLAS will complete an environmental inspection prior to works beginning site. Measures are then implemented to ensure that these risks will not impact on the environment.
- Once on site, GLAS complete frequent environmental audits, environmental emergency response drills and toolbox talks to ensure that standards remain high.
- GLAS are continually reviewing updated standards to ensure we are conforming to all Environmental Legislation.
Occupational Health and Safety Management System – ISO 45001:2018
The health and safety and welfare of our employees and the general public is extremely important to GLAS. We have implemented several work practices to ensure that the companies’ strong stance on Occupational Health and Safety is reflective in its day to day operations.
- GLAS complete safety inspections prior to work starting on site to investigate if a risk to workers or the general public is present. GLAS will review and implement measures to reduce any health and safety risk by the use of RAMS.
- All projects are subject to scrutinous Health and Safety Audits during their lifetime, ensuring that standards are highly maintained on site.
- Communication of our Health and Safety policy is a high priority for GLAS. Site inductions and regular toolbox talks are held on site, highlighting any potential issues.
- As part of this policy, GLAS have made a commitment to ensure that all workers are consulted and can participate in the management of the Health and Safety System, further enhancing our companies Health and Safety culture. GLAS also maintain constant proactive dialogue with local stakeholders during all phases of the construction process.
- GLAS provide modern facilities for both its workers on site and in office environments, ensuring that welfare amenities are to the highest standard.
- GLAS continually review legislation to ensure that our Health and Safety standards are current. As part of this, GLAS will be updating to ISO 45001:2018 in 2020.
Construction Industry Register Ireland (CIRI) Certificate of Registration