Embankment Stabilisation Works at Ballykeenan
Client: Carlow Co Co
Location: Borris, Co Carlow
The project involved the regrading of an existing embankment and stabilisation with a reinforced earth system over 550m.
- Traffic Management and Diversions along prime National Roads including construction of temporary diversion bridge
- Site Clearance works with extensive tree felling required prior to construction works
- Bulk Excavation of existing embankment to allow for new road realignment and installation of Reinforced Earth system.
- Processing of existing rock on site for use as suitable back-fill to reinforced earth system
- Design and Construction of reinforced earth retaining structure over 550m
- Infiltration trench over 550m
- Drainage works for bank run off water
- Extruded kerb and concrete rubbing strip over 550m
- Installation of 550m of safety barrier
- Road markings and studs