Project: Remedial works at Headfort Bridge
Client: Meath County Council
Location: Headfort, Co Meath
Headfort Bridge is a nine-span stone masonry arch bridge. A protected structure located in an SAC.
The works involved the removal and replacement of a collapsed section of wing and parapet wall with a masonry clad RC structure, along with the remedial works to bridge parapets, spandrels and cut waters.
- Excavation in or adjacent to existing watercourses. The works were located in EU designated Special Areas of Conservation and Natural Habitat Area.
- Insitu concrete works in both heavily watered and marine areas.
- Construction and repair of masonry bridge parapets using lime mortar techniques
- Construction of reinforced concrete retaining and Parapet clad in masonry
- Construction of new road pavement
- Traffic management on National Roads in rural and urban areas
- Dealing with services including electricity, telecommunications, traffic signal equipment, water, waste water and gas.
- Consultations with NPWS, IFI and an Gardaí