Mallow Castle – Hard Landscaping and Sundry External works
Client: Cork Co Co
Consultant: John Kelly
Location: Mallow, Co Cork
Mallow Castle is a National monument. These works included the upgrade of access paths and roads throughout the new castle, including construction of new steps and gasibo conservation.
- Traffic and Pedestrian management
- Site Clearance works
- Repointing works were undertaken to the walls surrounding this structure, all completed using NHL mortar.
- Grouting works were completed to the underside of the paving on the terrace of the new castle
- Installation of ducting and lighting to the paths, castle and entrance road.
- Excavation and completion of sewers from the castle.
- Removal and re-laying of terrace paving around the castle
- Excavation of paths and laying of hdpe grids and single size 10mm stone
- Electrical installations for public lighting.
- Metalwork railing installations
- Masonry repairs to the surrounding walls of the castle.
- Re-roof/re-plaster and fit new windows and door to Gazebo.
- Repair of existing masonry steps.
- Fencing, painting, landscaping, tree removal and accommodation works.