Milltown Road, Road Safety Improvement Scheme
Project: Milltown Road, Road Safety Improvements Scheme
Client: Meath County Council
Location: Milltown Road, Ashbourne, Co. Meath
The proposed scheme includes for the construction of cycling and pedestrian facilities on Milltown Road from the junction with the R135 in Ashbourne Town to Crenigans Banóg Housing Estate. The proposed scheme also consists of traffic calming measures, pedestrian improvements to the Milltown Bridge as well as the installation of a traffic signal shuttle system. The scheme also includes car parking provisions at the Milltown Estate, Ashbourne community playing fields and the Ashbourne Community school set-down area which are sited along the 1,320m long scheme. It is also proposed to construct local flood mitigation works adjacent to the school set down area on the Broadmeadow River.
- PSCS role for the duration of the works.
- Traffic and pedestrian management
- Site Clearance works
- Stakeholder engagement and consultations
- Installation of new traffic control signals;
- Installation of utilities;
- Masonry Wall construction;
- Footpath construction
- Public Lighting installation
- Car Park construction
- Surfacing and Linemarking