Roads – Road realignment Works, Carlow
Client: Carlow Co Co
Location: Borris, Co Carlow
This project involved the realignment of the existing road over 550m. To accommodate these works an earth retaining system had to be constructed obver the length of the project.
- Traffic Management and Diversions along prime National Roads including construction of temporary diversion bridge
- Site Clearance works with extensive tree felling required prior to construction works
- Bulk Excavation of existing embankment to allow for new road realignment and installation of Reinforced Earth system.
- Processing of existing rock on site for use as suitable backfill to reinforced eath system
- Design and Construction of reinforced earth retaining structure over 550m
- Infiltration trench over 550m
- Drainage works for bank run off water
- Extruded kerb and concrete rubbig strip over 550m
- Installtion of 550m of safety barrier
- Road markings and studs