N51 Slane Retaining Wall Rehabilitation
Project: N51 Slane Retaining Wall Rehabilitation
Client: Meath Co. Co.
Location: Slane Co. Meath
Brief Overview: The scheme included Wall refurbishment works and masonry repairs to existing retaining wall including drainage, fencing, structural repair and masonry replacement works at Main St. Slane N51.
- PSCS role for the duration of the works.
- Install Traffic/Pedestrian Management making site safe. TTM plan approved by TII/MCC in advance.
- Including taking in charge the existing set-up and upgrading/utilising same with a back-up arrangement of a road closure/diversion set up which may be introduced on a rolling basis during works period.
- Excavation and disposal to licensed tips.
- Removal and preparing for re-use existing masonry stone.
- Removal of wall sections for complete rebuild, including some isolated sections.
- Incorporation of rounded masonry capping.
- Incorporation of drainage works.
- Upper level fencing and drainage channel
- Masonry repairs rebuild and re-pointing to areas to
- damaged/collapse and extended areas to include existing sections and rear wall rectification.
- Repointing to wall generally all in lime mortar;
- This work is completed on receipt of detailed design from RPS/TII- Under Phase
- Managing the works in a rural heritage area and a habitat friendly capacity.