Kildangan Railway Bridge Footpath Scheme
Project: Kildangan Railway Bridge Footpath Scheme
Client: Kildare County Council
Designer: Kildare County Council
Location: Kildangan, Co. Kildare
The aim of this project was to create a one-way traffic shuttle system with pedestrian footpath facilities over a live railway line at OBW17 Kildangan, Co. Kildare.
The existing structure was a two-way system with no pedestrian routing or public lighting in place.
- PSCS role for the duration of the works.
- Phased traffic management design and implementation
- New footpath construction over full extent.
- Installation of stainless-steel parapet on existing masonry railway walls in consultation with Irish Rail.
- Implementation of traffic control system including lighting signals, detectors, loops, and all associated ducting and chambers.
- Taking down and raising up of parapet approach walls
- New public lighting and associated ducting and chambers
- Extensive drainage works
- Installation of reinforced concrete footpaths over bridge and approach ramps
- Installation of new pedestrian crossings
- Accommodation works to adjacent properties
- Re-surfacing and line-marking