Dawn of Hope Bridge, Drumkeeran
Project: Emergency repairs to Dawn of Hope Bridge
Client: Leitrim County Council
Location: Drumkeeran, Co Leitrim
Dawn of Hope bridge was constructed in 1870’s across a ravine to link the townlands of Greaghnagloch and Lisnanerris.
Emergency repairs were carried out following a landslide.
- Stabilisation of existing Bridge Structure after Bog slide compromised the structure
- Earthworks to remove peat from around the existing bridge to enable the construction of the new Bridge
- The construction of a new Bridge alongside existing Bridge Structure to include the construction of new Bridge abutments and new precast Concrete Bridge Deck
- Construction of reinforced concrete parapets
- Construction of new aligned road to access new bridge structure
- Fencing works to secure the site
- Drainage Works to temporarily divert the flow of water around the works and also the permanent Drainage Works
- Associated Surfacing works on new Bridge Deck and adjoining roads
- Stone cladding of exposed concrete on Bridge Structure