Roads – N70 Killorglin Town & N70 Tinnahally to Stealroe Pavement Improvement Scheme 2018
Client: Kerry Co Co
Location: Kilorglin, Co Kerry
A pavement improvement scheme of approx 2.65 km on the N70 National Secondary Road in the town of Killorglin and the adjacent town lands of Tinnahally and Stealroe Co. Kerry. The project took place in the centre of Killorglin town in which two national roads, the N72 and N70 merge as traveling west. Killorglin is on the main line of the “Ring of Kerry” which deals with great volumes of commuter traffic on a daily basis along with ever increasing holiday traffic.
- Extensive Traffic management in a sensitive, urban area
- Construction of Car Park
- Utility Diversions
- Demolition and reconstruction of footpaths to shop fronts and dwellings
- Extensive drainage including over 150 gulleys and pipework up to 600mm dia.
- Installation of Public Lighting with associated works and commissioning
- Bulk Excavations of over 10,000m3 and disposal to licensed waste facility
- Road Construction and upgrade
- Landscaping and Installation of Ibex Boundary fencing