Roads – R498 Road Widening Works at Knockalton
Client: Tipperary Co Co
Consultant: Tobin Consulting Engineers
The scope of the works included 1.5km of road widening and road realignment along the R498 road from Nenagh to Thurles. Works consisted of full road reconstruction and realignement whilst maintaining heavy traffic flows at all times.
- Traffic Management and Diversions along prime commuting route.
- Extensive site clearance works over the site
- Utility Diversions over 1.5km including Eir, Watermains, and ESB networks.
- Road Realignement and full road construction
- 3km of 1.5m deep infiltration trench
- Design and installation of farm underpass
- Landowner accomodation Works
- 2km of fencing and gates to TII specification
- Landscaping works
- Installation of safety barrier