Tramore Pier Remediation
Client: Waterford City & County Council
Consultant: Frank Fox & Associated
Location: Tramore, Co Waterford
These works involved the repairs and widening of the existing pier in a significantly impacted tidal area. These works were programmed accordingly to take advantage of low tides where possible. In addition, these works required the installation of ducting for future Public Lighting.
- Site Set up in a live pier.
- Removal of existing mooring rings from existing pier and installation of temporary rings for duration of the works.
- Excavation to rock formation for base construction.
- Extensive drilling and dowelling to existing pier with chemical anchor.
- Shuttering and concrete placement to fully encase the existing pier. This was carried out over a number of lifts.
- Installation of temporary access platforms for works in high tide;
- Excavation and breaking of rock for ducting for future PL electrics;
- Remedial works to existing concrete steps including dowelling , shuttering, and casting;
- Galvanised Steel railing supplied and installed to existing steps.
- Supply and installation of new mooring bollards